Everyone thinks cholesterol is not good for health. Of course bad or low density cholesterol is harmful for the human body but there is also category called good or high density cholesterol which is very essential for state of well being. Cholesterol is necessary for various biological activities for body and 80% of it is synthesized by Liver. Fat in the form of daily food will contribute cholesterol to the body. On average it is recommended that person should not in take fat more than 200mg per day. Balanced diet is nothing but carbohydrates, protein and fats. Thus moderate amount of fat is important for day to day activities.
Source of Good cholesterol:
- Fish – It is source of Omega-3 fat and mainly needed for brain activities.
- Olive oil – contain good amount of high density cholesterol and it is need for heart functioning.
- Nuts – They are source of nutrients and high density cholesterol. They provide vital vitamin, fats to our body.
- Fruits- Avocado fruit has rich in good fat content. They help in maintaining good eye sight.
Source of Bad cholesterol:
- Butter/Cheese – It contain more saturated fat and fueling body to get more weight.
- Junk food- Pizza is one of the junk food that has high content of Bad cholesterol.
- Meat products – Regular habit of eating beef, hamburgers are major contributors of low density fats to the body.
Try to avoid having more bad cholesterol food and concentrate on including good cholesterol source in your food. This way one can avoid heart disease, obesity and other health competition.
Annually 1 in 5 deaths worldwide is caused by smoking. Every smoking individual has at least one serious disease. One intake of cigarette is equivalent to 250 plus toxic material added in body. Heart attack, pneumonia, blood pressure, chronic bronchitis etc are the gift of smoking habit. It’s hard to believe facts but evidence are available in and around us (watch out for smoker). Why people find hard to quit smoking even though it has dreadful effects. It is due to addiction for Nicotine substance in cigarette.
How to quit smoking?
- Take a pledge to quit smoking.
- Keep your mind busy by reading novels, listening to music etc.
- Find an oral substitute for cigarette like mint, bubble gum and pop it in mouth when you have feeling of smoking.
- Drink more water there by you always feel not hungry and thus help you to not think of smoking for quite period.
- Practice meditation there by concentration of mind can be improved and you will get will power to quit smoking.
- Try to switch for some herbal or healthy drink when you have feeling of smoking.
- Get medical treatment if you are chain smoker and unable to control through normal way of quitting procedures.
Above suggestion are simple and easy to follow in day to day life. Nothing is impossible in life if we try hard. “Say no to Smoking”.
Actually many wonder on what basis finger nail grows and how to keep them healthy. A finger nail has 6 different parts which is developed by a living skin cell. In general, a protein named Keratin makes up a nail.The growth of a finger nail is indicated by the growth of new cells. As such, the older cells become hard, dead and are pushed out through the fingertips. A healthier nail appears to be smooth and have a uniform color in the absence of grooves and other spots. All nails don’t tend to be in normal shape as their growth greatly depends on certain factors like sex, age, care and dietary habits.
For all, who have the habit of biting nails, here is an issue to be kept in mind. Nails form the important part of a healthier life because opaqueness or discoloration of these nails show serious symptoms come signs of hepatitis or anemia. Nail biting leads to increase in cold, infections on skin and other infections which arises as the germs present in the nails try to move to the mouth during this process. Hence, one must try to stop this habit. This habit might also be due to some mental stress or conditions. Thus, it is necessary to consult a good dermatologist if one notices few of the symptoms like nail thinning or thickening, changing in the shape or color of a nail, pain, bleeding or even swelling around them. All these might result because of a minor or major problem happening inside the body.
Some of the do’s for a healthier finger nail is to
1. Maintain a clean and a dry nail
2. Trim your nail and use a moisturiser regularly
3. Avoid using removers
4. Stop biting nails
5. Dip your nails in olive oil regularly as they make them harder,
stronger and healthier
6. Cleaning under the nails is a must
7. Drink plenty of water
8. stop abusing nails
Many people usually wonder like what is a Cancer? Cancer is a group of several diseases that arises because of unwanted and unregulated growth of various cells. Even some tumour’s leads to cancer.
Major Causes for Cancer: -
It is very difficult to know the exact causes For a cancer. Some of the important causes are like
Lack of physical activities Usage of tobacco Obesity, Environmental pollutants certain types of infections and Other Infections. One of the shocking and important things to be noted is some foods are prone to cancer.
1. Preservation of meat foods by the methods of salting, smoking or curing that contains high chemical preservatives are in the high risk of causing Colon cancer.
2. Frozen products like hot dogs, salami, pepperoni, bacon, sandwich meat even tend to cause cancer.
3. Sugar, both brown and white types are to be avoided or consuming them in lower quantities.
4. Pickled, salted foods leads to stomach cancer.
5. Highly charred foods are other main reasons too.
Diets to Follow:-
1. Foods rich in Vitamin E s prevent lung, liver, stomach and colon cancers. These foods include almonds, peanuts, almond butter, sunflower seeds and peanut butter.
2. Vitamin C rich foods help in preventing cancer causing compounds as it is an antioxidant. Vitamin C includes oranges, bell peppers, grape fruit, broccoli etc. They overcome breast, cervical, colon,oesophagus, bladder and stomach cancers.
3. Foods rich in Beta-Carotene that is powerful antioxidant, folate, fiber rich and vitamin C foods help in reducing the risk of cancers of type’s colon, lung and stomach. Sweet potatoes are rich in above nutrients. 4. The first rank is occupied by berries in preventing cancer. They include Cranberries, Raspberries and Blueberries. They highly boost up the human health as these berries act as high antioxidants.
5. The yellow – colored spice that acts as both an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory by interfering with the signalling of the cells is done by Turmeric. It even adds flavour to the food without the addition of calories.
6. Catechins, a compound that stops the growth of cancer cells is found in Tea. Especially the Green Tea is highly preferable. Even black and white teas too help.
7. Intake of vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli stimulates the body to produce detoxification enzymes that fight against cancer.
8. Pomegranates which increase the simulation of blood cells fight against all types of cancer.
Glowing skin is nothing but it refers to a Healthy Skin. It means the skin looks so healthy without being glossy or oily. Glowing skin appears even in texture and has less number of dead skin cells.Moreover, proper hormones and a good flow of blood inside the human system makes the skin to appear more fabulous.
Tricky Steps to Have a Glowing Skin :-
1. As per American Academy of Dermatology, a person sleeping sideways is intended to get wrinkles on the chin and cheek area. Similarly, a person sleeping by facing downwards is tend to develop furrowed brow. The best thing to come up with is to sleep with your face facing upwards and straight.
2. As age goes by, there is a decrease in the release of collagen which results in the lose of some elasticity. Hence having a facial massage using a proper moisturizer through small circular and sweeping moments especially during the nights before sleeping is good.
3. A practice of patting your skin starting from the top of the cheek bone area and coming down slowly in circular movements, followed by applying moisturiser whenever your skin feels dull is very much necessary.
4. Daily intake of small glass of red wine helps in fighting against damaged and dead cells.
5. Omega-3 fats which is found in some fishes and salmon helps in making the skin supple. Hence weekly once or twice intake of such fishes is also preferable.
6. Bathing in showers makes the skin to lose its moisture as the water is harsh in long and hot baths. So, one can avoid them to some extent.
7. Sun is the first to make the skin dull. Hence timely use of Sun screen lotions at proper intervals is good.
8. The main course to be followed is to wash the face ku regular intervals throughout the day, probably 3 to 4 times using a mild soap.
9. For oily skins, using toners is preferred as it removes the dirt and oil tat was missed by the soap. For other skin types, using a toner is optional.
10. Try to prevent pimples by using proper spot treatment techniques and also by maintaining a healthy diet. Most important thing is not to pick or touch those pimples if they occur as they tend to leave permanent marks on the skin.
Exercise And Diet To Follow :-
Our face reflects reactions and glow by the emotions present inside our body. Too much me worries leads to a very bad effect on the face. Intake of good foods and regular exercise is highly required.
1. Drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water every day is necessary as the water dilutes the toxins present inside.
2. Face looks bloated due to high intake salt and sugar. Hence reduce the consumption level of them.
3. Nuts, Fruits and vegetables ( especially green vegetables ) which have high fiber content is necessary.
4. Fruits rich in Vitamin C helps the pimples and other acne’s to heal quicker.
5. Cardio exercises make healthy movements of blood. Hence, it makes the body stronger and healthier.
6. Last but not the least, Doing Yoga is highly recommended.
Have you ever notices, when we people meet each other on daily basis or occasionally, the very first thing we all ask to other is HOW ARE YOU? So this signifies the important of health as a basic and essential thing for all of us. In other aspect Health is considered equivalent to asset as its good wellness condition will allow people to live happy and helps to earn money for their lives not in direct means but indirect way where in it supports earning process either by physical or mental means. When health condition decline or affected in any means among a person, family members or in a society, it creates lamentable effect not only to individual but to entire group whom they depend on. So everyone needs good health condition irrespective of age, gender, group, community or society. On taking into all account and scenarios, Health is top most intangible asset for Human being.
Health is majorly is classified as physical and mental health. Physical health comprises of external and internal body parts such as heart, eyes, ears, digestive system, endocrine glands etc. Mental health on other hand deals with comprises physiological well being such as behavior, response, thinking abilities etc. Both Mental and Physical health plays major role in ones day to day activities. Based on age, gender, genetic factor each of these body component functions slightly varies from each individual even though their functions are commonly well defined in all people.
Heartburn is a condition, which affects the digestive system and affects millions of people each and every year. It is also commonly referred to as acid reflux and pyrosis. Contrary to its name, heartburn has absolutely nothing to do with the heart.Heartburn occurs when stomach acid reverses direction and comes from the stomach and leads into the esophagus. The valve that directs flow of food from the esophagus to the stomach becomes weakened and allows a backflow of acid to rise up. It starts off as a burning sensation behind the breastbone and rises up through the esophagus and into the throat which leads to a sour or bitter taste.
Stomach acid begins to flow up through the esophagus because of many reasons. One of the main reasons though is simply the types of food we eat. Some foods increase the possibility and frequency of heartburn while others can decrease the effect. Simple dietary changes can make a huge difference in whether or not heartburn occurs.A lot of people immediately go to over the counter medication such as Zantac or Prilosec when they first get signs of heartburn. If it can be helped though, try not to rely to heavily on these medications because they do come with side effects as well. The rest of this article will help you determine which foods are good to avoid and which foods should be eaten often.
Foods To Avoid:
If heartburn is a common occurrence one of the first things to eliminate or at least reduce is the consumption of citrus fruits which are acidic in nature. This can mean the whole fruit as well as juices. Oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit are some common examples of citrus fruits. Since heartburn occurs when stomach acid rises into the esophagus, citrus fruits worsen the problem with their acidity.Tomatoes are also acidic and so they make the list of foods to avoid as well. Although citrus fruits and tomatoes are acidic, they are still packed full of nutritious vitamins and minerals. You do not necessarily need to completely avoid these foods. Reducing them is what is important. Also since most people tend to have heartburn more in the evening after a long day of eating, consuming these fruits with dinner should be avoided. If you are going to eat them, try eating them earlier in the day.
Spicy foods are also important to cut down on. Foods that have a lot of peppers, chili or curry are just some examples. Hot sauce is another item that should definitely be reduced.Although a favorite of most people, chocolate is another food that tends to lead to heartburn. Chocolate has a property that relaxes the Lower Esophageal Sphincter otherwise known as the LES. The LES is basically the valve that keeps the stomach acid in the stomach and prevents the backflow into the esophagus. When it relaxes, it tends to allow the back flow to occur.Fatty foods are another category to be avoided. Fatty foods are difficult to digest and therefore more stomach acid is produced in order to aid in digestion. Since more acid is produced, more will be present to cause heartburn and acid reflux.
Foods To Eat
Although citrus fruits need to be limited, some fruits are great in aiding in the reduction of heartburn. Apples and bananas are great for dealing with heartburn They actually have enzymes that help break down the acid in your stomach.One of the most important food categories for combatting stomach acid is vegetables. Eating vegetables is helpful because they are alkaline in nature. Examples of them are cabbage, broccoli, sprouts and carrots. Vegetables are not only great for reducing heartburn. They’re good for your overall health as well.
Water helps to dilute acid in the stomach as well, which makes it less harmful. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is a great way to help naturally reduce heartburn symptoms.Lean meat is another good food to eat. Meats like chicken, fish, and turkey are lean and healthy and can help prevent heartburn.
By making these simple changes, heartburn can be reduced. If you are experiencing heartburn symptoms, try these simple dietary tweaks. If it still persists, there may additional lifestyle changes to make or you may need to seek the advice of a doctor. Hopefully though, these simple changes will make a positive impact.
Found primarily in Northern Europe, Bilberry has received tremendous accolade from the health professionals for being packed with anthocyanosides and antioxidants which can help in reducing inflammation, repairing the blood vessels and thereby improving the circulation of blood throughout the body. Moreover the antioxidant supplements present in the fruit can support a healthy vision by regenerating cell pigments in the retina. To add to it, this wonder fruit can aid in blood sugar management, glaucoma improvement, gastrointestinal and urinary tract infections.
It is nearly impossible to lay your hands on a fresh bilberry; hence you can consume the fruit in the form of bilberry extracts such as Nutritional Antioxidant Bilberry Extract that or even in the form of capsules and tablets that are available in the market. Researchers have shown that consuming bilberries in its extract form is absolutely safe and without any side effects. Although the level of antioxidants might be reduced in these nutritional supplements when compared to fresh ones but it retains the standardized amount of anthocyanosides to 25%. Moreover, these supplements consist of the full range of components as found in fresh bilberries. You only need to be careful that the extract is taken in a fixed quantity depending on the ailment, for instance persons suffering from cataract have to take a higher quantity of the supplement in comparison to those who want to treat other ailments like diabetes, varicose veins, etc.
If you are wanting to improve your image and are living in Jersey or Philadelphia maybe this will help you. There are a few ways that you can go about it.
If you live in Jersey and you are losing your hair, you can get a hair transplant New Jersey. There are clinics that specialize in hair restoration, hair transplants, hair replacement, and FDA approved remedies. The hair loss specialists will consult with you to decide on which treatment will give you the best results for luxurious hair.For those who feel like they are getting flabby and would like to tone up their skin, maybe liposuction in South Jersey is the way to go. Liposuction is done to remove fat from deposits that are underneath the skin. It can be done on the stomach, cheek, face, neck, arms, and thighs. It is used for shaping the body but is should not be used for weight loss.
For those living in Philadelphia and would like to have less wrinkles, there are botox in Philadelphia clinics that you can go to. Botox will reduce the appearance of wrinkles between the brows, on the forehead, and around the eyes.So as you can see, there are a few things that you can do to look the way you want to look.